Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Update from Sara Kaiser

I want to let you know how your prayers and financial support made a difference in North Africa this past spring. Many of you received my updates during my time overseas and have heard some of the stories and know some about the journey the Lord took me on. I have to say that my time in Africa was amazing and truly life changing. I learned not only more about myself, but more about the Lord and what it means to serve Him in another country. Sharing my time in only one page is not quite possible, but I will share a small amount and would be happy to share even more if you are interested!

During the semester, we started our time out learning more about the culture, Islam, and studying Arabic. We spent much of our time traveling throughout the country, where we saw different people groups, needs of the country, and were exposed to new things. On each excursion we went on, God taught me so much and truly opened my eyes to so many new things. Things like staying with a North African family, going out to the remote Berber villages, or spending time in the Sahara were experiences that I will never forget and have impacted my life in an amazing way.

In North Africa, we were in a closed country, meaning it is illegal to be a missionary and openly share your faith with people. This was really hard for me at first because I did not fully understand how I could make a difference or impact others without being able to openly share. The Lord quickly opened my eyes to the power of prayer and I realized that although I could not openly share, I could definitely be praying for these people and all the wonderful friends I made. The Lord is faithful and hears those prayers and it’s exciting to know that I am not the only one who is lifting these people up to Him. In His word, it says, “If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.” Although I might not get to see the change, I know great change will come in His timing, for this He promises us.

Coming back to the states has been quite an adjustment. In my time over there, I realized that this is what the Lord desires me to do, to permanently share His name overseas to people who do not know Him. So now being in the states, I am just ready to go back and do what He desires. I am however going to be in the states for a couple more years. I already have a job as a cardiology nurse at Children’s Medical Center in Dallas, where I will learn nursing skills that I will be able to use to benefit those in need overseas. I am so excited for this job and cannot wait to work with the kids; it will be an amazing experience.

A page is definitely not enough to share an entire trips worth of learning and stories, so if you would like to hear more, I would love to talk to you about it and share stories and pictures! Thank you again for your prayers and financial support!
Much love,
Sara Kaiser

No comments: